Our goal is to make the appraisal process as quick and painless as possible
This initial site visit takes anywhere from 4-6 hours and will cover everything on the Wish List.
We request that the personnel important to the Company (Controller, CFO or CEO) be present to discuss the talking points within the Wish List.
We will not be counting any inventory nor will we be performing a cost test.
The appraisers will need to walk through the warehouse to observe the overall condition of the collateral as well as verify systems and controls. The Company does not need to shut down operations for the interview or warehouse walk through process.
After the appraisers complete the visit they bring the information to our offices and perform all work off site. There may be additional follow up necessary as the report is written, however that will be on an “as needed” basis. With every appraisal the process is relatively painless and minimally intrusive.
- An experienced appraiser will always be present during the initial site visit (a minimum of five years experience is required by JCM to perform a site visit)
- The initial site visit process will typically take between four to six hours to complete
- Personnel important to the Company/operation will need to be present to discuss the talking points listed within the Wish List
- JCM will perform a walk-through of the Company’s facility to observe the overall condition of the collateral as well as verify systems and controls
- The Company will not need to shut down operations for the site visit
- All work is performed off-site
- Additional follow up may be necessary if questions arise subsequent to the initial site visit
- Overall the process is relatively painless and minimally intrusive compared to an audit.